Race the Sun Review

07:00:00 Unknown 0 Comments


Race The Sun Title Screen

Race the Sun is an endless racer where you have to navigate a fast moving solar powered craft through a cluttered landscape filled with obstacles. Such as falling blocks, meteorites and other basic geometric shapes.
It features an ever changing landscape that rotates every 30 minutes to provide variety. It has a rather basic 3d look to it. Starting with a simple grey and silver colour scheme.

Race The Sun 1st Level Screen Shot
When the game goes well it feels like threading a needle at 100 mph as you narrowly avoid crashes, and it has a pretty cool soundtrack which can range from chilled vibes to pleasantly frantic. In other words it doesn't break out in to a cacophony
Race The Sun Bonus Level
But! The game is too punishing and doesn't generate enough satisfaction to justify the stress it puts you through. Also it pulls some cheap tricks. I was progressing quite well when I died suddenly as I had not added the battery upgrade to my craft. This prevented me from getting to the next level where I subsequently called bullshit and stopped playing.
Race The Sun - Sun Going Down


I can't really recommend this game for anyone. There maybe some die hard gamers who need another rage game, other than that I can't think of anyone I would recommend this game too.

Nothing I hate more than a game that cheats you out of progress under the guise of being challenging and for that this game receives a 1 out of five.

0 comments: